James M Snell wrote:
Thomas Broyer wrote:
You didn't answer my last question:

How do you expect a newsreader to *automatically* download this week's 50 entries without downloading last week's entries instead? (and show you links/buttons for you to ask download and display of previous/next week's Top 50)
Ah, didn't see the last question ;-)

My choice would be for it to not automatically download 'em. Just present the user with the available links and let 'em follow the ones they want.

So you're indirectly telling Mark to either:
- continue using an fh:prev extension element
- define a more specific link relation (previous-page?)
- stop dreaming of an automatic process for feed state reconstruction…

I'd rather say: define first/previous/next/last for "paging" only and use them for feed-state reconstruction. If someone wants some other "ordered" relationships, he'll define a new link relation (e.g. webring-previous). Moreover, this is consistent with the OpenSearch start/previous/next/end link relations (where start=first and end=last).

--
Thomas Broyer