This looks like a good place to look for a solution.

On 31 Jan 2006, at 03:27, James Holderness wrote:
Henry Story wrote:
Presumably one would need to add an x:feed="http://mydomain.com/ feed" attribute for translations of entries that appear in other feeds.

Actually I was thinking just a regular href and type. For example:

<link type="application/atom+xml"
 href="http://mydomain.com/feed";
 hreflang="fr"
 x:id="french_entry_id"
 x:updated="2005-11-15T18:30:02X" />

I'm not sure how valid that is considering a client that didn't understand this extension would consider the full feed to be an alternative for that one particular entry which doesn't seem right.

Your point is well taken that the extension would be confusing for tools that did not understand it. Perhaps one could create a new link rel="translation" that would point to a feed containing an alternate entry with the given x:id and updated at the particular time.

<link rel="translation"
      type="application/atom+xml"
      href="http://mydomain.com/feed";
      hreflang="fr"
      x:id="french_entry_id"
      x:updated="2005-11-15T18:30:02X" />

would that still be confusing to tools that did not understand the extension?

Henry