This relates to work that we are doing with the publishing protocol, but is syntax related.

In an implementation of APP a single entry can appear both in the APP collection and in any number of arbitrary feeds that the site subsequently offers.

These feeds / collections can be optimized differently depending on the client. For example, an entry in the collection feed may have its content "out of lined" whereas the "same" entry rendered in a feed may have its content inlined. There are other different optimizations that we are investigating, that cause the entry representation in various feeds / collections to be different, even though it has originated from the same source.

So are these representations in the different feeds / collections the same entry or different entries? Should they have the same id? and if a feedreader comes across two entries with the same atom id, what, if anything, can it infer from that? is it only that they came from the same source?

Many Thanks,

Rob