2006/6/7, Henry Story <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

You can have two entries or feeds with the same id, as long as they
have different updated time stamps.
It's very much the same as you being Robert Yates all your life, but
having different sizes throughout your life. At any point in time you
have all the same properties...

Er, you can have two entries or feeds with the same if *and* updated
time stamps, as long as –for entries– they do not appear in the same
Atom Feed Document (and even this constraint might be removed in a
later revision of the spec, if I recall some past discussions on this
list correctly).

What one need to remember is that atom:id is an identifier for the
resource throughout its life, and that this is needed because entries
might not always be atomically retrieved (otherwise, "permaLinks"
would been enough).

The atom:id is an identifier for the resource, not for the
representation, so you might very well have the same entry (with the
same atom:id) with inlined content in one feed and out-of-line content
in another (or any other variation).

The behavior of consumers when they meet those different Atom
representations of the same entry is left undefined in the spec, and I
personnaly have no opinion at all (as I have been given such feeds,
and a) I'm not subscribed to any aggregate feed and b) I don't
aggregate feeds I'm subscribed to, each one lives in its own "folder"
in Thunderbird)…

--
Thomas Broyer