After my earlier post about discoverability of related feeds, I realized that I had neglected to explain the background behind what I'm thinking about fully. Here are all of the gory details:

http://journals.aol.com/panzerjohn/abstractioneer/entries/1338

I'm attempting to promote the use of explicit licenses in feeds, and Creative Commons is one great source of predefined licenses suitable for the kinds of things that people want to use feeds for today:

This is actually an interoperability issue: If I need to consult my legal department before displaying the content of a feed to a user, it's likely to simply not happen. Of course this is not fundamentally a technical problem, it's a social problem, but I'm trying to promote the technical underpinnings that will make social solutions possible. A stable technical underpinning is one of the things that's necessary here.

--
John Panzer
System Architect, AOL