Doh! I actually meant [RLE] here and not [RLO].  Either way, yes, I know
there is a difference. The point I was trying to make is the same made
in HTML4-8.2:

    Although Unicode specifies special characters that deal with text
    direction, HTML offers higher-level markup constructs that do the
    same thing: the dir attribute (do not confuse with the DIR element)
    and the BDO element. Thus, to express a Hebrew quotation, it is more
    intuitive to write

    <Q lang="he" dir="rtl">...a Hebrew quotation...</Q>

    than the equivalent with Unicode references:

    &#x202B;&#x05F4;...a Hebrew quotation...&#x05F4;&#x202C;

- James