Mark Nottingham wrote:
I've only had positive comments about -07 so far, so I've recommended it for publication as a Proposed Standard to the IESG.

Congratulations!

But while the draft states that "[t]hese [feed] types are complementary" (section 1), but is unfortunately silent on how precisely the three different types can be used together.

Here are a few questions I still have:

- Is it possible that an Archived Feed Document is marked as complete?
How is this to be interpreted? Does each Archive Document represent a
snapshot of a previous version of the Complete Feed? (This is the
interpretation I lean toward.)

- Is it possible that a Paged Feed's pages (i.e., its feed documents)
are marked as complete? What does this mean? That the Logical Feed in
its entirety, of which each page only contains some entries, is
considered to be complete? (I would answer this question with 'yes', but
note the resulting difference in semantic between complete Archive
Documents and complete pages.)

- Is it possible to serve a single, possibly large Archive Document as
multiple pages? If so, do there have to be "next" links to the
"prev-archive" document, too, or do paging links only cover the current
document. (I would prefer the latter interpretation, as illustrated below.)

   Archive Document 1 ----\                     Archive Document 2
Page 1.1 -next-> Page 1.2   \-prev-archive-> Page 1.1 -next-> Page 1.2

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the answers to these question in the draft itself; it is silent on the interactions between the three feed types. (In particular, it does not even disallow combining them within a single feed!)

So, an explanatory section on the various interactions that might occur is probably a good thing to add.

Regards,

Andreas