I also noticed the split that Lisa mentions when reviewing the draft.

I agree that they're not always separate, but it should be pointed out that they can be separate. I didn't see any mechanism to discover what the URI of the "normal" feed is, beyond a link/@rel=alternate in the collection feed; did I miss something?

If that's the way to do it, it would be good to call it out (it might be preferable to have a separate link relation, as the semantic isn't just "alternate", but "public", etc.). It might also be good to have something that allows distinguishing between the two (without forcing it) in the service document.

Cheers,