Tse Shing Chi (Franklin/Whale) wrote:
No. Authors take the responsibility to correct the mistakes. Browsers should not help them to do so.

Sorry, browsers have to deal with the infinite number of legacy documents that already make an infinite number of mistakes. Significantly changing that behaviour is just not possible.

However, this is getting way off topic for this list. If you have an issue with the way HTML5 error handling is being defined, I suggest you raise the issue on the WHATWG mailing list.

I cannot imagine if <meta> and <title> are being used anywhere in a
HTML document.

Here's one example.

http://au.lge.com/

Note the meta element that occurs within a <table>, of all places!

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/