* Andreas Sewe wrote:
>While RFC 2045 specifically allows quoted parameter values and defines
>application/atom+xml;type="feed" to be equivalent to
>application/atom+xml;type=feed, RFC 4288 states that '[t]here is no
>defined syntax for parameter values. Therefore registrations MUST
>specify parameter value syntax.'
>
>So, it looks like that quoting the type parameter's values is no longer
>allowed; draft-ietf-atompub-typeparam-00.txt defines the following:
>
># type = "entry" / "feed"
>
>But is this intentional? And, even if backed by RFC 4288 (I think so)
>and being intentional (I don't think so ;-), would it be worth to at
>least add a note to the parameter registration which explicitly states
>that quotes around "feed" or "entry" are disallowed?

You would apply the grammar above on the parameter value. In type="feed"
the parameter value is 'feed' which matches the grammar. Compare this to
XML attributes, if the attribute value must match /^[0-9]+$/ then you
also wouldn't conclude that the attribute value must not be "quoted".
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de