On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Jason Brooks <jbro...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:13 AM, Matthew Miller
> <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:38:21PM +0000, Sanja Bonic wrote:
> >> Note that if we stay on 1 or 2 now, we will have to change at a later
> point
> >> in the future in case we want to introduce FAH and FAW logos (unless
> >
> > FWIW the current Fedora Atomic Host logo we're using (at least on the
> > download page) is
> > https://getfedora.org/static/images/atomic-head-logo.png
> >

> It seems appropriate to vote on the Project Atomic logo on this ML,
> but the Fedora Atomic things should go through Fedora processes. Maybe
> one of the monday atomic community meetings would be the best place to
> discuss this, vs one of the wed meetings, which are about feodra.

Generally speaking, I'm a big supporter of "if it didn't happen on the
mailing list, it didn't happen." Votes during real-time meetings usually
mean someone is being excluded by default because of time zones,
overlapping commitments, etc. And yes, anything Fedora should happen
through regular Fedora processes.

> It's always been a bit confusing, but Project Atomic proper was
> explicitly chartered *not* to distribute an OS, for reasons I don't
> think I ever fully understood. But it's always been the Fedora and
> CentOS projects (and Red Hat, for RHEL Atomic Host) that have
> distributed the actual atomic hosts. Maybe Joe Brockmeier can help
> fill in more original context around this.

I don't think we were chartered to *not to distribute* an OS, but the idea
was explicitly to avoid creating a 4th OS that would be independent of
RHEL, Fedora, and CentOS.

That said, despite the growing pains, I think it made more sense to have a
Fedora-based AH distributed by Fedora, and a CentOS-based one distributed
by CentOS - though there were certainly times when I would have liked to
have just set up a build host + downloads independently rather than the
work that was required to do so through the other projects...
--
Joe Brockmeier
Senior Strategist, Linux Containers