I would say about 25% of the time, mythbackend doesn't start on my Fedora 16
box on reboot.  From the logs, it appears the local mysqld is not ready to
accept connections.  Unfortunately, it doesn't try to reconnect and the result
is missed recordings and a non-functional frontend.  Restarting mythbackend
(service mythbackend restart) is the band-aid.

Is there some improvement we can make to the initscript to ensure we can talk
to the sql server?  I realize it might not be local on the box, so we can't
just depend on the mysqld service.

Note mysqld is a systemd service while mythbackend is a SysV service (init.d
script).

I'd take a stab at a fix, but would appreciate any guidance on the best
direction to head.

Thanks!