On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 11:07:12PM -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Yeechang Lee <y...@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > John Welch <jrw3...@gmail.com> says:
> > > The only other "wish list" feature for [the bijou] packages would be
> > > to be to be able to use my HD-PVR.  I have had one basically sitting
> > > around doing nothing since right after it was released.
> >
> > I am in the same situation; a HD-PVR revision C1, purchased in May
> > 2008, that I haven't been able to do a single thing with. I can't even
> > install the firmware because Hauppauge's Windows software requires XP
> > or Vista, and I only own Windows 2000 (and a system-restore version of
> > XP that I can't use under VirtualBox, as it doesn't emulate the right
> > hardware). Anyone in the San Francisco Bay area with a legal copy of
> > Windows XP or Vista to donate?
> >
> > I have been able to build the hdpvr module from the v4l-dvb tree as
> > advised at
> > <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/12740#12740>,
> > so there's hope for us CentOS users, but as noted above I haven't been
> > able to actually test the module with a HD-PVR.
>
> Reviving this old thread, how to I go about recompiling the
> video4linux srpm to include the HD-PVR driver on Centos 5?  I've got
> the srpm downloaded and extracted, but I'm trying to see if I patch
> the spec file or the source code to get the HD-PVR driver to build.
> Should I update the v4l snapshot to something newer?  Currently it's
> 20090907.

Probably a thread more fitting for atrpms-devel. :)

Given that the snapshot is from Sept. and the old thread was from
July, shouldn't the patch be in there already?

> If anyone has a working video4linux-kmdl rpm, that would save me the trouble.

Dito, I do want to update the package anyway, but if it needs some
special build treatment to enable HD-PVR (which is assumed to be part
of the source already) and you or someone else goes through the
trouble to get the build done properly, please submit spec diffs or
similar, thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net