On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Yeechang Lee <y...@pobox.com> wrote:

> John Welch <jrw3...@gmail.com> says:
> > The only other "wish list" feature for [the bijou] packages would be
> > to be to be able to use my HD-PVR.  I have had one basically sitting
> > around doing nothing since right after it was released.
>
> I am in the same situation; a HD-PVR revision C1, purchased in May
> 2008, that I haven't been able to do a single thing with. I can't even
> install the firmware because Hauppauge's Windows software requires XP
> or Vista, and I only own Windows 2000 (and a system-restore version of
> XP that I can't use under VirtualBox, as it doesn't emulate the right
> hardware). Anyone in the San Francisco Bay area with a legal copy of
> Windows XP or Vista to donate?
>
> I have been able to build the hdpvr module from the v4l-dvb tree as
> advised at
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/12740#12740>,
> so there's hope for us CentOS users, but as noted above I haven't been
> able to actually test the module with a HD-PVR.

Reviving this old thread, how to I go about recompiling the
video4linux srpm to include the HD-PVR driver on Centos 5?  I've got
the srpm downloaded and extracted, but I'm trying to see if I patch
the spec file or the source code to get the HD-PVR driver to build.
Should I update the v4l snapshot to something newer?  Currently it's
20090907.

If anyone has a working video4linux-kmdl rpm, that would save me the trouble.

Thanks.

/Brian/