Around about 16/01/12 05:30, Kirk Bocek typed ...
The bad news, the zombie processes are still there. So I don't think the
issue is with the nvidia driver.

So if you just launch mythfrontend from the command-line and do nothing else, you get zombies?

I'm not 100% certain, but IIRC zombies would be a coding fault, as you get them when a process has exited (cleanly or otherwise), but the parent process hasn't “reaped” them (i.e., acknowledged their closure) with wait() (I believe this is normally done on a signal).

May be worth running 'strace -eprocess -f mythfrontend' to see if the zombified processes are exiting cleanly or crashing, as a start.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature