On 25/08/12 11:28, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
Hello Guys,

If we look in those fc17 repos on atrpms , there will be no kmdls there
for any kernel . I am suspecting that the modules are not building
automatically as they should . It may have something to do with errors
such as :

Error: Package:
nvidia-graphics295.40-kmdl-3.3.7-1.fc17-295.40-144.fc17.x86_64 (atrpms)
Requires: modutils >= 2.4.14

These types of errors I was seeing and had to force install kmdls in
with --nodeps a few months ago .

The issue is that module-init-tools has obsoleted modutils just in fc17
and we probably need to modify the SPEC here . That would be my guess .

Best Regards
Milorad

Yes, after looking at the f17 repo I see only the yum kmdl - no others at all. The kernel on fedora 17 updates is 3.5.2-3, released on 22-Aug, just 3 days ago.

As I said earlier, I think kernel release triggers removal of non-matching kmdls when the next auto-update of Axels's repo occurs, but a new build may need action by Axel. I don't know when that will happen. The changes you mention above may delay things even then. The most recent set of updates - vlc etc - was mainly Paulo's stuff.

My systems seem to be working well, given their known limitations and my habits of use (SL6/Myth25.2/Intelgraphics and f16/Myth24.3/nVidia 302.17) and I'm in 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' mode for the time being :-)

Cheers,

John