On 15/12/12 23:41, Collier Family wrote:
On 15/12/2012 11:17 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
On 14/12/12 10:48, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
On 14/12/12 21:43, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
On 14/12/12 09:23, Collier Family wrote:
The following are in dropbox

EL6.3 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2

These are all bzipped rpms compiled with the previous SRPMS on the
appropriate platform.

Hi Stephen:  Installation of your built rpms seemed successful on my
EL6 -686  6-year-old laptop but playback sticks at 'Please Wait' and
reports:

VideoOutput: Not compiled with any useable video output method.

mythfrontend --version is missing opengl, vaapi, vdpau when compared
with my f16 0.25.3 box.  Maybe more; but it's getting late.

It's not my main box and I can watch via UPnP but I foresee reports of
WAF problems  :-)

Cheers,

John

Do you have nouveau blacklisted - I had this problem originally from
what I recall until I blacklisted nouveau

Do you get a little spinning circle at top left or a progressing line at
the bottom?

Mine did little circle with nouveau amd progressing line with nvidia. It
appears nouveau will squash nvidia.

Cheers
Stephen

It's a nvidia-free laptop: Compaq Presario v5000 from ~2006, with Intel graphics. I've put a few more observations and speculations in the myth-users thread. Prime suspect at present is an ffmpeg/mythffmpeg confusion; the relevant bits of the specfile have been there for a long time but myth code has changed. That's why I tried the myth list, but as yet no response. I think most of the changes were pre-0.26. though, and 0.25.3 worked for me; it would probably affect builds for Fedora 17 too, and I haven't heard of similar problems with either yours or rpmfusion. I'm still puzzled that mythfrontend --version reports different compiler options for systems built from the same rpm packages.

Thanks for your work on this, though.

Cheers,

John