On 18/10/2014 5:57 am, John Pilkington wrote:

the usual el7 repos and assume that you have the
mysql-community-release version, perhaps for other projects.  Is there
a simple way to switch an install of your packages to use maria?

TIA

John

I think if you just install maria-db first it will satisfy the dependency

I'm using it without issue on EL7 anyway

cheers

Dunc

Yes, I had a feeling that that might be true, but maria is there and my first attempt to outwit yum didn't work.

Now I've established that the hardware works I'll probably drop in my old f19 disks instead and see how that goes - but thanks for the info.

John

I'll have a look later today. This is quit weird as the rpm is built against maria as it is installed to satisfy the build dependency. I'll set up a new install of el7 and see what happens. There may be a 27.4.2 later this afternoon.

Cheers
Stephen