Hi, there,

I would like to say a few words on the current status of ATS3.

Originally, I planned to complete a compiler from ATS3 to C/C++ by
the end of Summer, 2020. On the way, my plan changed somewhat.
This is the current status of ATS3:

1. In the following repository, there is a compiler from ATS3 to an
intermediate
language ATS3-ML (which is ML-like):

https://github.com/githwxi/ATS-Xanadu

This compiler is functioning. And it will be polished and improved
gradually. This
is the core for all of the future development of ATS3. Essentially, the
compiler first
does the so-called Hindley-style of type-inference, and then it performs
template resolution.

2. In the following repository, there is a running interpreter for testing
the aforementioned
compiler:

https://github.com/xanadu-lang/xinterp

This interpreter is not meant for practical use; it is mainly for testing
and documenting
the syntax of ATS3.

3. I am working on a compiler from ATS3-ML to JS:

https://github.com/xanadu-lang/xats2js

This compiler is meant for practical use. For instance, I plan to use it
for building a website for ATS3. Hopefully, this compiler will be
functioning in a couple of months.

After xats2js, I will be working on dependent and linear type-checking for
ATS3 and then
a compiler from ATS-ML to C/C++. Will keep everyone informed.

Cheers,

--Hongwei