Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Ok, the compilation takes awfully long. Tassilo explained why, but it
> is really annoying and makes testing a bit cumbersome .....

Do you run make with the '-j' switch?  I tried building AUCTeX on my old
Windows box with 'time make -j8' and it took around 2:20 minutes.  The
same process takes 0:22 minutes on my Macbook Air M2.  I agree, it takes
longer than it used to, but there are reasons to do so.

> But it works!
> tex-site.elc is generated
>
> So I think your patch provides  a working solution.

Thanks for testing, I also think Keita's patch is good.

Best, Arash