Re: eamon on a virtual machine?

Just for the record you can run any OS except Mac OS X in a virtual machine using VMWare Player for Windows so its not limited to Linux. What you basically do is install VMWare Player for Windows, create a virtual drive or partition, and then install an operating system into that virtual partition. Once installed you can start up VMWare Player and tell it to boot or run the other OS side by side with Windows 7 make sense?

Now, if you are wondering what Linux OS is best for playing games like Aemon I'd say Vinux 4.0. It is very accessible, and more importantly it has speakup access up and running out of the box. If you install Dosemu you can use Speakup to play Aemon Deluxe in a Dos emulator in your Vinux virtual machine.

Now, as to Microsoft's virtual XP virtual machine for Windows 7 Pro and Windows Ultimate let me just state it is not very good. It runs very slow, doesn't work as well as say VMWare Player, and costs far more than just installing VMWare Player and using your old XP installation CD. IMO it just isn't any thing we should really consider a reliable solution for playing older games like Aemon Deluxe. big_smile

  • [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: du dreyma kona
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: du dreyma kona
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Mord-Sith
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: du dreyma kona
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: du dreyma kona
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: du dreyma kona
    • R... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark