Re: Just started on we're alive

Well I am now up to chapter 13, and it does continue good, I love the realistic levels of incompetance, though it does seem the main characters are amazingly lucky :d.

I'll likely go and start grabbing season four when I get there, indeed it was partly the fact that season four was just starting that made me want to begin on the series since I do enjoy long and complete stories.

As to depressing, well frankly it's the zombocalypse! even before that going back to the very routes of appocalyptic fiction, war of the worlds etc, it's never been exactly happy big_smile. Indeed this is one reason I so admire justin cronin's work, since being set alternately just before or 90years after the zombocalypse, there is something of a different take on the hole optimism bit, indeed the downfall of civilization etc is barely covered and the series focuses mostly on w hy the zombocalypse started in the first place and then, 90 years into the future how things might be rebuilt.

This was again a problem I had with Mark Tufo's Zombi fallout series, the main character basically treated the hole thing like a computer game and seemed to find the zombies an excuse for toilet humour jokes and shouting slogans.

With we're alive the balance seems very right,indeed I do complement the series on doing what I always tend to think fantasy should do, realistic characters in unrealistic situations, and seeing how they survive, indeed that to me is far more positive than some sort of invinsible military hard case mowing down the zombi hoards.

then again, I've only just started season 2 so we'll have to see how depressing it gets big_smile.