Re: Announcing Codename Cygnus - an Interactive Radio Drama for iOS!

Hey everyone -- you all rock!

I wish I had the time to answer all questions specifically, but I'm already working 80-90 hours per week on the game, haha.

We're fixing bugs and the new version will adjust some recognition issues. We're trying to understand the quality issues. I see that some have reported some patterns above. Please send descriptions of anything odd and an explanation of any observations of how the app behaves when the audio quality changes. Just email supp...@reactivestudios.net

We still highly encourage playing with headphones to aid the recognition. We're also looking into the VoiceOver issues -- some of those bugs are really odd and unintentional. A major caveat we have is that you shouldn't play for more than about 90-120 minutes at a time. Voice recognition is highly processor/memory intensive and that can begin to cause issues. One way to avoid this is to turn of recognition when re-playing. Also, when you take brea ks or finish playing, be sure to force close the app in the app tray. Double-click the home button to find the running app tray.

Regarding a PC version, I got was touch with some Valve reps at PAX. Would folks here dig a Steam version? Also, Xbox mentioned us in their blog and I chatted with them about a Kinect port for the new XboxOne. What's the interest there as well?

I really like the idea of setting up achievements and working to make Game Center a part of the experience. We don't have anything set up right now to track that but it's worth the time to check it out, I think.

Finally, we'll have some Codename Cygnus forums soon where folks can join, ask questions and communicate about the game. We meant to have that up sooner, but it's been a crazy ride...

Jon