Re: Anyone ever beat the borg in STFC?

I must admit the borg always disappointed me, indeed much of the gameplay with the both startrek game was a little disappointing, since only the defiant and it's cloaking device  could actually shoot the enemy without being shot itself, and therefore tactics basically meant in order to win you just stuck all your forces together and waited for the  enimy to come to you, let them blast up one of your ships while you all targited there's.

I know in stfc tom tried to fix this a little by having the romulans usually need to be found, but by the time you got to them you had more ships and could basically  just repeat stratogy in the romulan secotr. Heck, often I'd just send one or two starships into romulan space, wait for the romulans to attack and hit self destruct big_smile.

The borg are now different, just hang out by a star base and pound awa way with photon  torpedos.

As I'm just rewartching next gen at the moment, and saw how devastating just one! borg cube was, this strikes me as a little random.

I hope more tactical  gameplay will be included in another version, indeed myself I'd like to see a startrek similar to lone wolf, where you just controlled one starship, but in intensive detail, and had to go on solo missions, encountering hostile aliens, space anomalies and all the other stuff that the enterprise, voyager etc encountered.

  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Locutus
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: tward
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Trenton Goldshark
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Joseph Westhouse
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: the doctor
  • Re: [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark