Re: What the fuck? Is wrong with me.

Well the driver thing makes sense (I wish we had a similar service in the uk at least as far as that goes), however he said "assistant to go with"  which sounded to me like a little more than just transport or occasional home assistance.

that such things could be useful and are even necessary for some jobs I' don't disagree with, but socially wandering around with a minder can be really inconvenient, indeed at the moment in secondary school at the uk, the policy is that most blind kids get a classroom assistant, and because! they have an assistant who is with them constantly, however my mum notices they never get to learn to talk to or socialize with anyone, since the blind kids only talk to their assistant and everyone else avoids them, something which would not happen if the kids were left alone at least some of the time, (provided of school is decent, though that is another debate).