Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

The biggest deal is that it isn't going to happen given that Swamp is in bug-fix mode and will then be done.

Yes, many people still solo missions, though not strips or 45s so much anymore with the new AI. Pausing a solo mission would make sense (I was thinking of ones with multiple players), but I'd really not like to see the ability to return to the main game. If you pause a mission, you have to finish it or bail, not save it to do later on. As others have said, what if you buy gear? Do you keep it or does it go away? What if it's been a few days and you just forgot you had a saved mission, so everything you've done since is gone?

It seems like the simplest solution is to simply allow anyone to remove themselves from a mission without consequence. So long as we have losers.txt, we can stop people from joining our missions if we know they will leave at the first sign of trouble. If, however, you have a legitimate reason for leaving, you can be kicke d or just kick yourself. Bottom line: the /kick command will work on only you, unless you are the mission leader in which case it will work on everyone in the mission. That seems like a server-side change, and not a difficult one, but I could be wrong there.