Re: symbolic representation of disabilities, what do you think?

Hi,
In most cases I believe one doesn't need a sign exclaiming that the individual is disabled,unless the person on the other end is quite smart and has an IQ of 5... tongue
What I mean is a person can look at a person in the wheelchair and quite logicley come to a conclusion that this person can not walk. same gos for a person with a cain,although some people use cains for other purposes as well,so there could be some difficulty.
Personally I wouldn't wear,hold,atach or anything else a sign, plaque,ID on my person that proclaimed that ahoy ye all scurvy rats this be a one legged pirate,wait,one eyed pirate,ahem cut those all out.
although I do realise the importance of people knowing that you can't do a perticular thing such as walk,see,etc... I say let them observe and use their brains.
just in case,in the first sentence,highlite the word most.
Grryf.