Re: Freedom Scientific Gets a New CEO

Yeah, NVDA is pretty much replacing Jaws, and even if not quite there now, they have a lot of freelance programmers working with Python, free add ons, and will quickly impliment the rest of the features and crack the rest of the voices for free download.

It's sad though that FS gets shoved down many people's throats,  especially when they are just learning computers and don't know any better.

As an example, a Junior Blind training program I was at had their computer lab stuffed to the gills with FS products. And I was able to progress through my work much faster with significantly les program crashes with my own freeware programs on my laptop. And yet when I repeatedly told the instructors how my stuff was more eficient, they refused to believe me and kep up their claims that Fs products were cutting-edge and worth the prices.

Keeping the price tags  in mind, the room which had 25 computers with jaws, 5 open books, and a few other product s must have cost 30000 bucks, and it could have been suplemented with the same functionality for free.