Re: Discrimination in a theme park

Well disney as I said tended to be pretty good. Regarding avoiding queues, disney didn't do this when I was ther, but when I went to Altan towers with a friend of mine in the Uk they did have that policy. While I didn't really feel right about just avoiding a queue because I have a disability, equally it was a rather nice utual arrangement with my friend. He guided me around the park, I got him onto stuff quicker, and I admit getting to go on the oblivian, black hole, or haunted house twice in 15 minutes was pretty awsome :d.

I don't know what I'd do now with Reever, since I'd actually need to go with someone who could look after her while I was on a ride.

Regarding smoking, i've noticed none smoking is becoming the norm. While I generally don't mind this since I really hate the smell of smoke, equally it seems a little ridiculous that people who do! smoke don't have an area to do it such as an enclosed smoking room. I know it&# 039;s getting a little stupid in the Uk, where you can have a patient collapse with loung cansa or chronic Bronchitus, be rushed to hospital in an ambulance, then be pulled out of the ambulance in front of the hospital building, ---- straight into the cloud of second hand smoke created by all the hospital staff who are not permitted to smoke in the hospital and so stand outside the gates to do it instead! big_smile.

Apparently, Newcastle general where my friend (who is a smoker), works have actually recognized this and have! set up smoking shelters in the grounds specifically for their staff to use.