Re: FF: your favorite addons

Ooh, I've never heard of UBlock. I might have to look at that. I've been using Adblock Plus and haven't noticed any significant issues with RAM hogging, although, now that I think about it, I thought that was just something Firefox tended to do in general. Either way, I do use it all the time. I haven't opened IE in months. Firefox seems to run much more smoothly in Windows 10 than in any other OS.

All of the previous suggestions for other add-ons to try have been good ones. The only other one I can think of that I find useful is called Skip Adf.ly. If you've ever downloaded content from blogs, you'll sometimes encounter this annoying website. You have to sit there and wait for several seconds for an ad to play. Thankfully, they're usually strictly visual, although I've seen some video ones as well. Still, anything to get past a potentially unsafe website is good in my book.

This isn't an add-on, but one thing I absolutely l ove about Firefox is the new-ish feature, found in the view menu, called reader view. Basically, if you're reading an article, and the site supports it, you can click on enter reader view, and it will give you a very clean interface with just the article. No ads, no clutter, no extraneous content, just the text of the article. It's great for news sites and tech sites like Howtogeek or Ars Tecnica.