Re: virtual mac on a windows machine?

Gene, you quoted the comment about bootcamp not letting windows sound drivers be used until windows was installed. Based on what you said, you probably meant to quote something else. A quick note on that though, the solution to the no sound issue is to just, er, get a usb soundcard? It ain't that hard. If you wanna go dirt-cheep, the best you could do is a usb soundcard that has an audio-out and audio-in port, for around 8 bucks. One such line of those devices are the ones from c-media. But all that aside, Gene's right, it is technically a violation to run mac on anything except Apple Branded devices. The advantage is that this prveent custom bloatware-filled distributions, but the tradeoff is that you can't run a mac in a vm for testing, unless you have a mac. For example, running Lion on a mac running Yosemite is perfectly fine, but running that on on windows isn't. If you notice, even if you do manage to get it running, Apple licensed apps such as Facetime a re not preinstalled. Even if you run a hackintosh using a legally bought mac osx installation disk or iso which is more legal than the former, it still isn't worth the time, let-alone easy. Let's just even ignore the legal aspect of things, it's not worth it however you do it. You could potentially make it work if you have a high-end system with at least 8gb of ram, but you'd still have a hard time setting it up. As has been said, it's just better to get a mac. You'll be a hell of a lot happier with one, I know I am and while I run windows xp alongside osx, I wouldn't even consider giving a windows machine the time of day anymore. I get that macs are expensive and at first glance, yes, you'd definitely want anything but that for testing your applications. But the mac mini is extremely affordable, often more affordable than most windows machines today, and if you have a keyboard and speakers, you're fine. You could even get by without a mo nitor, but I'm told that for some weird reason that makes voiceover lag. Nevertheless, the cheapest vga monitor out there should be fine. You'll have a much more pleasant experience testing your apps on a mac, and running windows on that same mac, rather than the other way around.