Re: Where do you get your music?

Rockbox was never intended for blind people; voicing was introduced as a feature because it was wanted by users and developers, so that you don't have to take the player out of pocket to look at it. About the label recording, that can be done with the Rockbox Utility program, no fuss. It scans folders you select automatically and generates the samples, which only take about 1 KB each. I personally don't use them much, but they're not hard to make. The only real downside is that you then have a .talk file with the exact same name for every file generated. @Turtle, there should be a Database option after Files, which will automatically organize everything by ID3 tags so you can search by artist, album etc.
I have a 128GB micro-SD card in my Clip which is pretty cool. The only thing to remember, should anybody decide to get one is that Rockbox only supports FAT32, and Windows won't format a drive bigger than 32GB with it. You'll have to use Linux to form at it, but you should only need to do it once.
I don't usually bother with playlists either, I just go by album. There are two albums in particularly that have some of my favorite songs of all time, with the rest of the material being nothing I care for, so that can get kind of annoying, but since they're both albums of the same band I've just created an unofficial album folder with the songs in numbered order.
I really don't like those sights that try to pass off Rockboxed players as being made for the blind, and selling them for what was, before production stopped and prices went way up, about twice the price of a normal one. It's literally a 5-10 minute job to get Rockbox installed and configured.