Re: JI EUM- Kickstarter campaign for visually impaired gamers

Thanks for your interest- you  bring up some very good points. This is our first time running a Kickstarter, and a lot of details were missing. I will go ahead and update the following issues that you've brought up:

1. The game is currently in development for iOS and Android (Hence lack of game play video)
2. The game will be FREE on both platforms
3. We are prioritizing the Korean version/audio (that will be available in the Korean store)- the Kickstarter is to help fund the localization and audio content for the English version that we will release world wide.

Please feel free to email/reply with any further suggestions and questions- they were very helpful!

pitermach wrote:

Hi there,
First of all I'm really happy you are considering localising this game. Rhythm audio games haven't really been created before, there were only 2 or 3 projects I can think of which were either just concepts or were never completed, and I'm definitely interested in your game. Before I make the pledge though I have a few questions.

First, I think this is the first time that I've seen a kickstarter for a game that does not offer the game itself as a pledge reward, either when completed or possibly for alpha/beta play testing. This is a little unusual, but at least in my opinion more people might be interested in pledging if they are sure that they will be receiving a completed product in return. As it stands, the information given in the campaign description is in some ways quite vague, which makes the decision to fund it more difficult. This brings me to my other set of questions. You say this game is for mobile devices, but not which ones specifically. Are you going to release it on both iOS and Android smartphones or just one of the 2? Or is this a console game for a PS Vita or the 3DS? How much is it going to cost when released?

Finally, you mention multiple times that you want to localise the game in the US and get it "on track" there. Does it mean that on release the game will be region locked only to the Korean and US app stores? This website, and the community of blind gamers that speak english is very large and worldwide and I myself live in Poland, so if the game would only end up being released in the US I would be somewhat disappointed for having funded something that in the end I wouldn't even be able to play.

Once again I really appreciate what you're trying to do, and I'm sure that myself and many other people here will be happy to support your project if we get some more information. ☺️

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : latisglobalkickstarter via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : latisglobalkickstarter via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ianmcnamara92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector