Re: Where do you get your music?

@bucklee12

Yeah, I can't wait for my Victor Reader Stream to arrive, Tuesday the 8th, so I can reset the iPod, clean it up as needed, probably just fingerprints, and put it back in it's box, so I can sell it.

You should be able to get a Victor Reader Stream in central Europe, Dark is in the UK and he has one, plus Humanware does apparently have a European distributor.

http://www.humanware.com/en-united_king … dia/europe

@Dark

Prior to Windows XP there was no standardized location for user files, so they often got stored in the same folder as the program that created them, which made backing them up a nightmare. So when Windows XP was introduced, it introduced the My Documents folder concept as a place to put all your files, that way all you had to backup to protect your data was the My Documents folder.

Then in Windows Vista they moved the My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos folders outside the My Documents folders, and dropped the My part of the names on all four folders. For backward compatibility they create the original My whatever folders as symbolic links to the actual folders.

It was a good idea at first, but it didn't take long to realize the media folders needed to be separate from the documents folder.