Re: Some questions about android and apps

Hello,
Welcome to the world of Android.
It is so strange to start my post with an advice, but I will. I should tell that you should not see Android with the eye that you saw iOS. I mean, do not expect what you had, and how you had it on iOS.
For example, if you see an app to be accessible on iOS, do not necessarily think that that app will also be accessible on android.
Anyway, let's go with some suggestions and recommendations I have for you.
One of the most important tasks on our daily life is calling. By default, Android has two options to answer and end calls. Pressing the home button, (if your phone has a physical one), you answer a call, and by pressing the power button, you end it. This is a good option indeed, and you can activate it by going to accessibility>answering and ending calls. Tick the options respective to what I said above and it will work.
However, I would recommend you an application which is called "Tel manager" ; and it is designed to do this job. It activates two buttons on the screen, respectively, the left button answer the call, and the right one rejects it. When you're in a call, you can end it by pressing the power button.
Coming to your question regarding keyboard, Google keyboard is what you're looking for. Also, if you do not mind paying 3 dollars, you can buy a keyboard which is called "blind accessibility keyboard" and which supports both the options you mentioned above.
As for the navigation apps, I think there was a free version of an app called Near by explorer online. You can check it out.
Now, to avoid comfusion, I would like to say that almost all the popular apps that we use daily are accessible. Starting from facebook, mesenger, skype, viber, whatsapp, youtube, dropbox, instagram, google translate, Shazam and so on.
If you need to take short notes, install google docks, while for web browsing, use firefox. Sadly, unlike iOS, Androi d does not have a roter yet which would make your life easier.
Now, some apps I would recommend are tap tap see, which is similar to iOS, A blind legend, which is a game, Audio recorder by sony mobile communication, which records in a perfect quality, Ivona text-to-speech, which can be either used with Talkback as a TTS, but also it can be nice if you paste a piece of text on it and press play to hear it through the voices you have installed. Other comercial tex-to-speech softwares can be acapela which has paid, but really great voices.
Another good news for you is that if you do not come to like talkback, you have another, free, handy, and very useful alternative screen reader called ShinePlus.
To conclude this post, there is a mailing list like apple vis and you can find the link below:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/eyes-free

Hope this all helps.
Cheers.