Re: need help from someone who knows their way around computer issues

Well I'd firstly do a disk cleanup in admin mode and clear the windows update file s and a few other things.
Next, I'd actually try to clear out the dust from the unit with come sort of compressed air, compresser for vacuum cleaner there are special ones for units I have one of those.
Now, I'd also regrease the sync if you can compound is dirt cheap 3 bucks here in new zealand.
Over that hmmm.
From now on it gets harder.
1.  you run virus and malware, done.
2 you run your disk cleanup and thats done.
3.
using ccleaner or msconfig check what you have starting up, I usually remove/disable anything I don't need, that is absolutely necessary.
This windows 7 box for example has been slimmed down to my reader and the security software.
Now I have other systems some of them old which has  backup software and a few drivers for hardware some with itunes and a few other things and some can't be slimmed.
I'd also do a full registry clean at least run the scanners 3 times to make sure you get it all cleaned though that is controvertial if that solves anything.
You have just about gone through everything you can do yourself.
If you can get sighted help I'd firstly suggest you run one of the off the shelf disks like ultimate boot disk and run cpu/ hard drive/ memmory tests.
I had a friend's system become unstable due to a dead ram chip.
Next the hard drive could be going maybe could also be heat.
Check the fans, the cpu fan if it goes you may not hear it  or any small fan die the big fan well you may hear that.
I'd also replace the stock psu if you can, it may be bad, on an old i3 I have had for years on 2 occasions we have replaced the psu because it went bad you can still get a stock psu for about 100 bucks.
In both cases that fixed things to a point where things continued to work.
The main fan may be going bad to.
Failing that I'd just reformat and try to install things and see when things come back, it could always be a bad driver or software update whatever you need kill what you don't.
If nothing works you could have a bad board and if its a bad board you will have to replace the entire thing, a board costs almost as much as a new unit so its not worth replacing.
You could have a bad card or fan on a card to.
I have had it where a friend had to many cd drives stuck in his system and not enough fans/ air gaps or vents.
He removed one of the drives but later upgraded his case and fans to suite his requirements.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector