Re: crashlib my new sound library

Hi defender.
Thanks for the comments.
Sadly I don't have the cash to get propper portable mics right now or actually know what I should be getting and how to use them what I should be getting etc.
The recorders I have used are soni things, yes there are better field recorders but sadly the price range, then again I only know about the olympus units and they can be expensive over here.
700 dollars for a unit I may only occasionally use especially with dad retiring mid year from the company where I got the modern stuff from.
In the case of talking, sorry about that I tried to get the best parts of the files and tried to record loops, the technitions were in some of the rooms and sadly there was talk, I think I got over most of that, and the noises are so loud it probably doesn't matter.
On their own the loops really are not much they need to be mixed really and while I could do that I do have goldwave audacity etc I just thought I'd put o ut the files.
THe geto sfx were files I was sitting on for a while released on an ancient low bitrate recorder.
The soni units cost half the cost of the olympus units.
HOwever to be honest I have never been fully happy with using soni as a recorder but full access costs and I really can't afford the unit.
I do have mics external logitech ones etc and a philips unit I pulled from another unit that due to its visual ability didn't work but I have no idea how to mount its cheap clip.
If there was a way to have a portable unit that could record ambient noise as well as my voice that would rock I know you can attach things to glasses and the like and have a thing going to the recorder's mic jack but if I did get something I'd need something that wouldn't cost more than 100-150 bucks and that I could use.
While I do record things most things are not on location with field recorders and while I have lots of other sfx I could use, ie th e sound ofboats its all mixed in with my diary stuff and in long files and I have not got up to the point where I could clear things, removing vocal tracks etc I have never gone over basic editing with goldwave and have  basic knowledge to make my stuff work.
Some of the sfx have been mucking round for ages.
As for licencing, I don't know, the last time I put things out they just went all over the net never mind that I did use them.
Sadly sound sharing no matter what it is is probably going to continue, I even do it so I am not a saint either.
In fact before I did my own I did a lot of sharing sfx.
Its only now a lot of stuff is incripted to the point its not worth the time and trouble I don't bother anymore.
I have no idea how to get past the handling of the recorder I can't remotely turn it off.
The loops will be shorter, I'd imagine they would be mixes of them in one or 2 bunches.
However I really can't stand r ound recording a loop for 10 minutes a loop, in most cases I had 30 seconds to a minute to record a few loops a time and had to try to do the best I could so its from a me prospective.
If I wanted to go deeper into that, I'd really like to record loops of 5 minutes or so so at least I would know they were long enough.
However I was constrained by time and the fact my dad did not have his passcard working right.
If there is enough interest I can try again later this year but its at least 1.5 hours out from the house so.
As for other recordings if there is a way to remove voice and not have the sound quality reduced like I have had heard on some music with vocals added in and stuff pulled out then I may try it.
You will probably loose about 5 seconds per recording of start stop on the recorder.
you may only get 4-10 seconds of loops now if there is a way to loop the loop but make it so you don't hear the looped section then maybe I can make it l ike that but whenever I have tried you hear the sound cutout and the loop start on a noticeable level or at least I know when stuff loops.
On a visual basis the old sx software was the best the new soni software just does not work so what you see is what you get quality wise though its better than the older units.
Saying that if you have suggestions on what to get and where and if it doesn't cost to much I may try to get something sorted.
One thing I have tried recording environmental sfx but wind gets in the way with the stereo mics.
Each recorder has a different mic.
I know people that wear mics on their glasses and that may be the option though to be honest, I really do not want to look like a terrorist when I record if I can help it.