Re: ThingsI'd Like To See In Street Fighter V

@assault_freak: Of course these features are in no wise necessary, nor would their absence decrease my enjoyment of SFV. I grew up with the first version of the PlayStation, and games like Street Fighter 2, Tekken 2 and 3+, and MK 3, all of which were worse yet mono (never mind not made to be accessible), so I've learned how to work with these games for quite a long time. These feature wishes are, however, things that would definitely improve my enjoyment of SFV, assuming they were implemented.

The second beta of SFV for the PC had the game announcing character names as you arrowed across them, and then when you click on them, they would do their little character pose/action/speech. I don't know if it was a glitch or intended, but I loved that behavior.

I also know they were meaning the fighting accessibility, though a lot of their marketing and game design is gearing SFV to be more accessible to a wider audience, beyond the fighting. Witness the censorship o f the female characters in an attempt to make the game less sexist.

I well know Capcom has much more important perogatives than accessibility for a nich market -- I think I touched on this in the initial post. That won't change the fact that I'd still like to try and make them aware of it, though, as I have been in various forms of communication. Part of the problem is I don't hound them, so my comments are probably being glossed over in the day-to-day entourage of messages, which is something I'm also well aware will happen. Nor do I even expect them to respond/care even if they do read my messages, I've got a very realistic grasp of their priorities. Nevertheless, I would rather try to make them aware of these things than just assume it isn't worth it and not do so -- you never know, one day it might catch on. After all, it's messages like these which gave MK and Skull Girls accessibility options.