Re: six dragons impressions and questions

Ah, sorry about the confusion, I did know there was previously a game called six dragons, but I didn't think it was still running or thought it might've gone in another directioon from classic six dragons. When I make a database page for the game I'll add it under classic six dragons.

I don't know if it's the syntax on the banking I'm getting wrong, but I just couldn't get the account creation to work at all, which is a little worrying as I don't want to lose my gold.

I am however liking the quests and the crafting, and the fix to finding the ore quarry is perfect, thanks.
The only two other things I'd like to see in the game, are firstly a way to try other trae skills, and secondly a way to alter character stats.
Abilities will improve over time with practice, but it seems a shame you can't raise your base stats perminantly, or at least not without lots of investment. It'd be nice if you could train your stats somehow, perhaps at a massive xp cost or by going on difficult quests or missions, in addition to waring armour etc.

I'd also love to be able to have more tradeskills. While I know the idea is one tradeskill per character so as to create an economy, it'd be far more fun in terms of activities if we could go off and bake or tan our own gear before heading for a difficult quest, not to mention  cooking the enemies we slay.

I've also found in the past that the best reward for trying hard to  progress in a game is extra activities to do. So for example, suppose you could get a second tradeskill when your first reached level 10, a third when your first reached level 20, a fourth when your second reached level 10 etc, thus making sure you always had to progress in your prior trade skills, and you'd have to really work to acquire the ability to make more things, this would also be good for the economy of the game sinse manifestly it'd be better if you made things to sell and progressed rather than having one baker who just bakes most of the same thing over and again.

I do really like the wilderness though and the way the scan command works. The help system said wilderness mobs were an experiment, but personally I think they're great (nothing to keep trecking to the quarry more interesting than the possibility of being attacked on the way).

The only thing that would be nice in terms of combat would be a way to read descriptions of the living enemies by looking at their corpses, sinse if you get attacked by an agro mob, often they jump on you before you ccan examine them, and it'd be nice from an atmospheric perspective to know what a hillgiant looks like.

One other game added a "Preview corpse" command which, when used on the corpse of a slane enemy would give you the description of that enemy you'd get by looking at it when it was alive, something like that m ight be fun.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing what gets added in the future and exploring more of the game.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vladaar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Bogdan via Audiogames-reflector