Re: Before the Mini: Using an Aire To Prepare

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac OS X and access to nearly all aspects of the system. I can't tell you how much independence I now have that was simply not possible on Windows machines. I'll admit that Apple isn't perfect, and there are certainly some areas of the OS and VoiceOver that could be better, but it's changed the way I think of computers and accessibility. You'll find that some applications like Skype work better with VO than Windows screen readers while other apps like TeamTalk are really bad. This is the only thing that irritates me. Why do these people build a screen reader mode into TT for Windows and no support for VO? It's inexcusable! I refuse to use an application that is accessible on one platform but not another. I will say the same for Adobe Flash. I'm not touching that piece of crap with a ten foot pole. Then again, Flash is nearly dead! Let us rejoice when it finally dies! smile