Re: Classic home computers and the blind. Your experiences

On the other hand, it was a kid's learning toy, so kids of that day probably weren't used to the QWERTY keyboard at that age. I know I wasn't. I learned how to type at age eight or nine, and I got a Speak 'n Spell at age six or seven.

Regarding Apple II computers, I assume you know of the project I created which people call Mess Apple? It uses the Mess emulator to emulate the Apple IIe hardware, including the Echo speech synthesizer. If you have no experience with the Apple, this would be a good starting point to get your feet wet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector