Re: Soundrts router/firewall help

Ahh yes, this problem again! I went through it a while ago and now more are going through it. The guide in post 2 is very good. Now, I have a few questions.

First, why is all this even necessary? Is it for internet security or to know where to send the incoming network traffic or both? Second, can you host online games and have others connect if you are tethering from a phone to a computer? Thirdly, and most annoyingly, why doesn't this work in Vmware? With some help, I was finally able to track down the issue that Vmware was messing with incoming connections. Why is this and can it be solved? If not, I guess I really *do* need a physical Windows machine.

I can't tell you how happy I was when I finally got things working. I had the issue from mid 2010 until about the end of last year and it felt like Christmas when stuff just worked.

On a final note, I could never get the static IP to work. My router doesn't have the option to set one so I had to c onstantly update the port information with the new local IP.