Re: Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster (This is not a browser Mafia clone)

Well I fully agree about vendetta and the writing. As I said in my above post, I am not into that hole crime ethos at all, much less crime games, (most of them torn city mods), but the writing style here is absolutely compelling, both with historical details of the period and with the really amazing characterisation.

The only problem is I'm not sure what has happened to development on the game or whether in this past year there is any new stuff added, (I'll need to check the changelog).

As regards other games, I actually need to play a few more of the choiceofgames and hosted games titles. I've played all the way through choice of dragons and choice of broadsides, and have bought choice of the star captain though have kept getting stuck on one particular bit and don't really like where my choices go at that point, (it's really a shame you can't make multiple saves).

I need to actually try out more of these. I'd also now love to see an iphone version of vendetta, but I suppose we won't see that until the game is finished.