Re: FYI: DRM is Evil. Very, Very, Very Evil

Ouch, I didn't realize that Amazon actively tries to prevent multiple accounts. I guess that means that I'll never use Audible until there's an easy way to remove their DRM.

Not that it matters, since Audible books end up on BARD in a couple of months, once there, it's free. So as long as I'm willing to wait, I can get all the Audible books I want at no cost.

As for Amazon closing accounts that have too many returns, all I can say is, try being more careful about what you buy so you don't have to return purchases too often. For example, I just bought a George Foreman grill, I spent several hours looking at and comparing the many models that were available before I chose the one I wanted, it arrived today and after inspection it was exactly what I wanted, so barring that it isn't defective, it's a keeper.

Oh, and DRM isn't evil, it's just a tool like a hammer or a gun. It is how the tool is used that determines goo d or evil. Using a hammer to build a house is good, but using the same hammer to bash someone skull in is evil.

So in your brother's case it isn't the DRM that's evil, it's how Amazon uses it that is.