Re: FYI: DRM is Evil. Very, Very, Very Evil

Whether DRM causes harm depends on what it does.

Before I lost my vision I was an avid gamer. Almost all of the games I played had some form of DRM protecting them, yet I never experienced any problems with the DRM, even when the vendor put very tight restrictions on the game's use. And rather than feel like I was being treated like a crook as most DRM critics claim, to me it felt more like I had front row seats to a sold out show that everyone wanted to see.

The only time DRM became a problem it didn't really matter because the game it was protecting was so buggy, that it was unplayable, so I was no longer interested in playing the game. The game's bugs will never be fixed because the development team that built it was disbanded. The worst part is, the vendor knows all this, yet continues to sell the game to unsuspecting buyers. The DRM only allows five activations, which I used trying to get the game to work, I tried contacting the vendor several times about getting more activations and was ignored. I will never buy anything else from that vendor ever again.