Re: Castaways 2 public beta

Well Aprone, as per yesterday and the several hours I put in I can say the game is good and certainly addictive enough, actually I like the complexity, even if I do slightly miss the professions you could assign previously in castaways and the comparative intelligence of your workers, still job assigning is good and there is a good bit more complexity in builds (even though I am unlikely to find out what bee hives are for as I don't have any and apparrently you can't build hthem).

The one really irritating bug I notice is that for some reason, sometimes the server doesn't update status when jobs are finished, so sometimes for example I carved some bricks, and then noticed that I had some missing which was rather annoying, this also happens with population increases as well.

For this reason I do have a feature request. it'd be really nice if you could wittle down the history to just! your job completed messages, rather than everything (including read ing menus). So it'd be handy if say shift and the bracket keys could just play you the completed jobs, that way you could be certain what has happened when, sinse several times (especially with how chatty players are), I missed job notifications, and with the above stated missing updates problem this could get a little confusing (I wondered at one point what had happened to my first baby, I think it could've died but I'm not sure).

I also would like a slightly more efficient way of grouping the jobs in the all jobs menu, sinse I notice while some jobs do come up fine by typing in the first couple of letters, such as the construct a house, others don't, which makes it a bit irritating for looking up requirements for things (I had to do waaaaay too much scrolling around that menu looking for simple things like requirements for building a house or a tool).

I'd suggest myself that the all jobs be grouped into categories, eg, b takes you through bui ldings, t takes you through making tools, m takes you through mining, f takes you through farmland, o takes you through forging, c takes you through cooking, s takes you through smelting,  w takes you through weaving while y takes you through miscellanious ones such as buying a human worker.

While obviously these aren't hard and fast categories, it'd make it easier if I wanted to look at  what is needed to build a house or weave a fishing net if I could look in a more logical categorization rather than firstly worrying whether I need to craft, build, throw together or construct something, and secondly whether the menu will actually work as expected (h a for harvest didn't).

Of course, this isn't suggesting having everything on separate menus, just have space activate the all jobs menu, then hit b to go through all the building jobs, f for all the farming jobs, etc, thus making it far easier to look things up.

Right now my most seriou s problem is lack of firewood and lack of food, particularly sinse apples aren't providing much and felling a tree then cutting the log into firewood goes through lots of axes, while gathering sticks takes ages and goes through lots of sticks (and isn't a way to increase firewood if you need it for cooking as well as other things). I've actually got food, it's just cooking it that is quite a pest right now, but hopefully this will be solved when I have managed to build a forge and can start making some better tools.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bobbleheadmastr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : buu420 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector