Re: Castaways 2 public beta

Hi Aprone,
I can connect to the server just fine, and I have to take this opportunity to say I really appreciate the way your account system is made up. It's been ages since I purchased mine for Swamp but then I haven't touched Swamp at all for many months, so I just find it incredibly ingenious and fair that my account still works all right after all those unused months. :-)

However, I have a 100% reproduceable error whenever I try to assign a job to a tile of either type. I've tried it on grass, tall grass, trees and stone so far, with exactly the same results every time. I might be doing something wrong but the way I understand how it works is I am supposed to press enter on the tile and then choose how many out of the available workers I want to assign to that job. Is that right? I can't confirm this because as soon as I press enter on the tile, I get a runtime error 13: type mismatch. I may not remember the exact number correctly but the reason specified is certainly type mismatch.
I wonder if this might have anything to do with my language/regional settings. Should I try changing these to US English?

One more thing I am incredibly grateful for: You must have changed something about the way Sapi is handled in Castaways 2. I remember you sent me the executable of Swamp a really long time ago over Skype which was modified as compared to the official distribution in some way. I had written to you saying that all of your games stopped working for me at some point, as neither of them was able to use Sapi any more and I think there was no runtime error, no entry in the debuglog file or anything like that - the games just froze and eventually crashed with the standard Windows "program stopped responding" dialog. The modified Swamp executable you sent me back then resolved the issue until you posted an official patch again. This means I used to be able to play Swamp and your other games perfectly fine at the b eginning, then this issue started occurring to me and it was temporarily resolved for Swamp with that modified executable, then Sapi stopped working in Swamp for me again with every new official update. This means I can't play even those of your games that support screen readers as well as Sapi, because I always had them configured to use Sapi, and if I remember right, they are configured to start with Sapi by default if no user changes have been made to the configuration, so I can't even start them up for long enough to actually change it over to NVDA.
Now, however, you must have changed something about Sapi Handling in Castaways 2 right since the beginning, because this game works flawlessly for me. I am using Windows 7 X64, but al of the voices I actively use are natively 32-bit. This might be the source of my Sapi issue with your other games. It's not a problem at all for Castaways 2 though, as it uses Microsoft Anna by default, and I can easily configure it to use one of my 32-bit voices in the alternate Windows control pannel (c:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl).

One last thing to conclude this pretty long post: I absolutely love the sound quality of Castaways 2, I was very pleasantly surprised when I heard it for the first time. The soundtrack is excellent, even the tiny sounds such as the menu clicks, and I absolutely love the narrator voice! Just great job!

Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bobbleheadmastr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : buu420 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : majno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector