Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

I'm scared to think what will happen if/when Braille disappears. The mentality of a lot of people seems to be "well they're blind, what do you expect them to do?" and not having the literacy skills imparted by Braille won't help that image. I'm considering a career in teaching the visually impaired so that I can hopefully help at least a few, but I fear that will be a losing battle.
Personally I can edit mostly fine with audio, though I tend to look at the spellings of words pretty often just by habit, and almost always when I find a word I think Eloquence is mispronouncing (I've used it for a long time so am pretty familiar with it's quirks, move to another synth though and it's all different).
@Dark I have no idea how you managed math without Braille; I can do simple algebraic equations with audio but more than one line and I'm done, not to mention graphs and such.
@Cae I thought about mentioning the Social Securit y notices as well lol. I think I remember one of the options on the application being to have the document sent on a CD as a Word file. Amazing.