Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

I think braille is absolutely 100% necessary for elementary school education and for math. That's a whole other topic though.

I like to read braille; I like to have the words under my fingers. But I hate the single line braille displays. It's not the same. Maybe I just need me one of these fancy new ones with touch sensitive word wrap. I would love to get a bookshelf and store some beloved braille copies of books there, but braille fades on paper. I'd want the sturdy plastic stuff, and most books don't come printed on that save for kids books.

Somebody donate their estate to Aprone so he can make that full page braille display. Reading braille won't be fully enjoyable for me until I have several lines of text at a time. Sure, I'm only reading one line at a time, what do I need more lines on the page for? I don't know how to explain it. It just feels like I'm climbing this never-ending mountain one step at a time. it's slower . I don't feel as immersed in the text.