Windows 10 accessibility

I've heard that some people on this forum are using Windows 10, so is it accessible with NVDA, and is it better to get a new computer or download it on a windows 8 computer? I think the computer I have is good enough to run Windows 10, I'm just wondering about the accessibility. Also if you download it on a computer running windows 8, does it format your hard drive? I'm only asking all this to prepare before I download Windows 10.